Author: US DOE Staff Published: 1/4/2024 DOE Solar Energy Technologies Office
Solar Energy Technologies Office
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) is seeking qualified candidates for the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) Science, Technology, and Policy Fellowship.
This is a paid opportunity to learn about the federal government and its role in advancing renewable energy. Fellows play an integral role in designing and implementing national research and development strategies and programs to make solar energy more affordable and reliable.
SETO seeks applicants with bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degrees, as well as established professionals, with expertise in the following areas:
- Photovoltaic technologies
- Concentrating solar-thermal power technologies
- Grid systems integration technologies
- Behavioral science, strategic analysis, and technical assistance
- Manufacturing and technology transfer
- Environmental justice and finance
- Communications, graphic design, and stakeholder engagement