Author: The Center for Heirs’ Property Staff Published: May 11, 2022 The Center for Heirs’ Property
Who We Are
The Center for Heirs’ Property Preservation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that protects heirs’ property and promotes its sustainable use to provide increased economic benefit to historically under-served families.
Protect Your Land
We offer legal education and direct legal services to help families reach agreement, clear title to family land and probate estates.
Our clients receive all the legal services necessary to resolve heirs’ property issues including title searches, preparing documents, scheduling land surveys, requesting hearings, and providing full representation in court.
Because family agreement is the key to resolving heirs’ property issues, we offer personalized “Family Presentations” to help families decide what they want to do with their land. By bringing all of the family members to the table at the same time to be heard and learn about their heirs’ property situation, family agreement can often be reached.
Our three Buckets of Work include:
PREVENTION: Education and services to help prevent the growth of heirs’ property, including: Education Seminars, Probating Estates, One-hour of Free, Legal Consultation and Free Simple Wills Clinics.
RESOLUTION: Services to help resolve heirs’ property title issues including: Preparation of all legal documents, Title searches, Surveys, Court filings (Determination of Heirs, Quiet Title Action, Quit Claim Deeds, etc.) and Court Proceedings.
SUSTAINABLE LAND USE: Education and technical assistance to help historically under-served landowners acquire the knowledge and access to programs and forestry experts to manage their forestland for maximum income.
TO BECOME A CLIENT, YOU MUST:
- Own heir’s property within our 22-county service area (Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Clarendon, Colleton, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Florence, Hampton, Horry, Georgetown, Jasper, Lee, Marion, Marlboro, Orangeburg, Sumter and Williamsburg);
- Want to keep your family land – not sell it;
- Call us at (843) 745-7055 to make an appointment for one-hour of FREE legal consultation with a Center attorney to assess your situation and if/how we can be of help;
- Meet our income guidelines, and;
- Commit to creating an accurate family tree.