Author: Advance Energy United Published: 11/16/2023 Advanced Energy United Webinars
Recorded on November 15, 2023
Advanced Energy United convened an interactive discussion designed to identify and accelerate common ground among states up and down the East Coast around the topic of adding interregional transmission capacity to our power grid. The session featured state energy officials in the Northeast who are working through the details of how to accomplish this goal.
The panelists discussed the hurdles that need to be overcome at the state level to harmonize interests and create pathways for mutually beneficial interregional transmission.
- Bruce Ho, Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection
Senior Policy Advisor
- Jason Marshall, Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
Deputy Secretary & Special Counsel for Federal/Regional Energy Affairs
- Preethy Thangaraj, New Jersey Office of the Governor
Policy Advisor, Energy & Environment
- Abe Silverman, Columbia University
Director, Non-Technical Barriers Program
- Verna Mandez, Advanced Energy United
Managing Director, Transmission Campaign