Author: Ipsunsolar Published: 8/16/2020 IPSUNSOLAR
Your path to solar energy with no out-of-pocket investment
A Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) is a great way to go solar without the expense of owning your solar equipment, in contrast to a typical cash investment in a solar project. You’ll realize immediate savings on your utility bill at no cost to you, and you’ll dramatically reduce your reliance on fossil fuels.
How a PPA works:
In the simplest terms, we agree to install solar at your site at no cost to you, generate power at your site, and sell it back to you at a lower rate than the utility company will. If you have a qualifying rooftop, we will agree to design, install, own, and maintain the system. We will sell the energy to you at an agreed-upon price for a set period of time, generally about 20 years.
In a PPA, your electricity rate is fixed for the life of the agreement, and is lower than the rate you would get from your utility company.
Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Arlington, VA, used a PPA to model their sustainability goals
Benefits of a PPA:
- No capital costs: We handle the upfront costs of designing, procuring and installing the solar PV system.
- Immediate Savings: Without any upfront investment, you can go solar and begin saving money on your utility bill as soon as the system becomes operational.
- Reduced energy costs: Solar PPAs provide a fixed, predictable cost of electricity for the duration of the agreement.
- Limited risk: We are responsible for the system’s maintenance, performance and operating risk.
- Increase in property value: Solar PV systems have been shown to increase property values. The long-term nature of these agreements allow PPAs to be transferred with the property and thus provide customers a means to invest in their property at little or no cost.
- Reach your sustainability goals: You can model your values without the initial investment for equipment ownership.
PPAs are available in VA, MD and Washington DC:
Types of businesses that can potentially qualify for a PPA include those listed below. To find out if your building qualifies, reach out to us through the form below and have a recent power bill at hand. If your roof is solar ready, you may be a great candidate.
For Commercial projects, contact Dave at email@example.com
For Customer Service contact Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Accounting, reach out to email@example.com
For Logistics, reach out to OT at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Powerwall questions, reach out to
For O&M work, reach out to Albert at email@example.com